SPEECH THERAPY WITH IDS
The IDS Speech/Language Therapy evaluation matches a licensed, skilled and experienced IDS Speech Therapist with a child and/or family in order to assess a child’s needs in the speech, articulation, and language areas. With our online clinical evaluation, families and schools report increased confidence in under-standing a child’s specific needs, as well as a greater ability to support children in learning and practicing new functional skills for increased academic success.
The IDS Speech Evaluation includes:
- One clinical intake with a Licensed Speech/Language Therapist;
- Standardized Assessments (in multiple environments, as needed);
- A detailed record review;
- A detailed video review as needed (the therapist may identify and request multiple video clips of the child en-gaging in various activities in order to assess language development and other areas) for the purpose of identifying specific areas of need.
- leading to the creation of one robust child-centered plan including specific interventions, strategies and data collection ideas to implement immediately and effectively, and recommendations for therapy, if needed.
If the need for ongoing Speech Therapy sessions is indicated in the initial Evaluation, IDS can work with the family and school to begin ongoing online Speech Therapy sessions in school or at home targeting all necessary intervention areas. Online sessions are interactive and engaging, and the IDS Speech Therapist communicates with the teachers and/or caregivers of a child in order to share ideas and strategies to support the child’s needs outside of the clinical sessions.
The IDS Speech Therapy Team
The IDS Speech Therapy Team works with children of all ages - toddlers through teens - to help with articulation, accent, language and comprehension needs. Read more about each team member below!
MEET SOME OF OUR SPEECH THERAPY TEAM MEMBERS:
Emily Beckman, M.S. CCC-SLP